BOX OFFICE MANAGER - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
POSITION SUMMARY: Circle Theatre’s Box Office Manager – Administrative Assistant is actively involved in all aspects of administration, including ticketing, marketing, development, customer service, management, etc. This visible position promotes the Theatre’s image and mission throughout the community, and is essential to the management of the organization. Circle Theatre seeks a highly skilled professional who is a self-starter and can take on a multitude of administrative tasks. This is an entry-level position, with potential growth in the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· Manages Circle Theatre’s box office, supervises interns and other staff during performances, and provides excellent customer support.
· Maintains accurate financials for ticket sales, donations, and subscriptions during performances and box office hours. Reports to Managing Director.
· Communicates with Stage Manager regarding attendance figures, and during performances to keep shows running smoothly and on time.
· Responsible for organization and cleanliness of theatre before and after performances. Also locks up theatre after all performances.
· Responsible for printing tickets and making sure proper paper stock and other office supplies are available.
· Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures.
· Developing and pursuing group-sale opportunities.
· Helps to create and organize content for program books, flyers, press releases, email marketing campaigns, social media, etc.
· Copywriting in traditional, digital, and integrated campaigns.
· Works with Circle Theatre’s marketing department, and assists Executive Director to create and refine campaigns.
· Manages interns, delegates tasks to them, and provides feedback to Executive Director as to their progress.
· Attends various events as the representative from Circle Theatre.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
· Must demonstrate computer fluency. This includes word processing, database creation and management, ticketing software, spreadsheets, etc.
· Position requires the ability to accommodate a 40-hour workweek, including evenings and weekends.
· Must be knowledgeable of social and emerging digital media and current marketing techniques. (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
· Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
· Knowledge of live theatre preferred, but not required.
Work hours (approx. 40 hours/week) include:
· When NOT in Performance
o Monday – Friday (10am – 5:30pm)
· When in Performance (Must be available for all below times)
o Tuesday – Friday (12-5:30pm)
o Thursday Performance (6:00pm – end of show)
o Friday Performance (6:30pm – end of show)
o Saturday Matinee Performance (1:00pm – end of show)
o Saturday Evening Performance (6:30pm – end of show)
For consideration, please submit resume and letter of interest to:
Circle Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged and welcome to apply. No phone calls. Email submissions only, please.