BOX OFFICE MANAGER - ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- - Manages Circle Theatre’s box office, supervises interns and other staff during performances, and provides excellent customer support.
- - Maintains accurate financials for ticket sales, donations, and subscriptions during performances and box office hours. Reports to Managing Director.
- - Communicates with Stage Manager regarding attendance figures, and during performances to keep shows running smoothly and on time.
- - Responsible for organization and cleanliness of theatre before and after performances. Also locks up theatre after all performances.
- - Responsible for printing tickets and making sure proper paper stock and other office supplies are available.
- - Develop and maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures.
- - Developing and pursuing group-sale opportunities.
- - Helps to create and organize content for program books, flyers, press releases, email marketing campaigns, social media, etc.
- - Copywriting in traditional, digital, and integrated campaigns.
- - Works with Circle Theatre’s marketing department, and assists Executive Director to create and refine campaigns.
- - Manages interns, delegates tasks to them, and provides feedback to Executive Director as to their progress.
- - Attends various events as the representative from Circle Theatre.
- - Performs additional duties as assigned.
- - Must demonstrate computer fluency. This includes word processing, database creation and management, ticketing software, spreadsheets, etc.
- - Position requires the ability to accommodate a 40-hour workweek, including evenings and weekends.
- - Must be knowledgeable of social and emerging digital media and current marketing techniques. (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- - Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required.
- - Knowledge of live theatre preferred, but not required.
- When in Performance (Must be available for all below times)
- Tuesday – Friday (12-5:30pm)
- Thursday Performance (6:00pm – end of show)
- Friday Performance (6:30pm – end of show)
- Saturday Matinee Performance (1:00pm – end of show)
- Saturday Evening Performance (6:30pm – end of show)
Circle Theatre accepts applications for guest directors and designers, stage managers, production assistants, carpenters, and painters.
Please inquire by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817.877.3040.